Moodle 3.2: Reset a Quiz for Another Attempt
Applies to: Moodle 3.2.
There may be times when you need to reset or delete an attempt a student has made on a quiz and allow them another chance to take the quiz.
Once an instructor has reset a quiz for a student:
- The student's quiz attempt will be removed from the Quiz Administration record.
- The student's grade will be removed from the grade book, and the student can attempt the quiz again.
- If the available dates and time for taking the quiz have passed, the instructor can Use the Quiz or Assignment Override Function to open the quiz for that student only without changing the original quiz settings or making a second quiz.
Resetting a quiz for a student
- Go to the course homepage.
- Find the appropriate quiz and click the link.
- Go to Quiz Administration in the Administration block
- Click Results.
- Click Grades from the Results list (if necessary).
- Select the checkbox next to the appropriate student name.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page if necessary.
- Click Delete selected attempts.
- Confirm your choice when asked. The student attempt will be removed.