Moodle 3.2: Remove an Override Grade within the Gradebook
Applies to: Moodle 3.2.
Grades and feedback should generally be entered or edited in the grading page for that particular Moodle activity, rather than in the grade book. Grades uploaded or manually entered into the gradebook for Moodle activities will add an Override Lock to that item. All overridden grades are highlighted with an orange colored background on the Standard Gradebook Report. The override grade and locking feature can only be removed from within the Gradebook.
Note: Currently, manual overrides can only be removed one at a time. There is no mass-action which will remove multiple overrides at once.
Removing an override grade lock in Moodle 3.2
- Go to the course homepage.
- Find the Administration block:
- Click Gradebook setup.
- Select Standard Gradebook from the drop down menu in the upper right.
- Click Turn editing on.
- Find the student grade you need to remove the lock for.
- Click the Edit grade icon for that grade.
- Remove the Final Grade and any Feedback.
- Uncheck the Overridden box.
- Scroll down and click Save changes. Any original comments and grade supplied from the activity grading page will return.
- Click Turn editing off.
The grader will now be able to return to the activity grading page to make further comments, attach files, and change grades. Any grades or comments that were given to the activity before the grade override will return once the Override Lock is removed and the override grades and comments deleted.