Moodle 3.2: Hide Assignment Grades until Ready for Release
Applies to: Moodle 3.2.
Instructors may wish to keep the scores, comments, and feedback files of an assignment hidden from students until all grades are entered. The simple way to do this is to hide the assignment from within the gradebook. When all assignments have been graded, the instructor follows the same steps but Unhides the activity for students to the scores, comments, and feedback files for the assignment.
By using the gradebook to hide the activity, students will still have access to the assignment link on the course homepage and will be able to see that their submission has been graded. However, they will not see the score, comments, or feedback files in the assignment area, nor any score in My Grades. Scores for hidden assignments are not counted in the course or section total.
This action either hides or shows the assignments' grades for all students enrolled in the course. There is not a setting that will hide a course grade for only a subset or Moodle group of enrolled students.
Hiding the assignment in the grade book
- Go to the course homepage.
- Find the Administration block:
- Click Gradebook setup (3.2).
- Scroll down to the assignment row and click Edit.
- Select Hide from the list.
- Scroll down and click Save changes.
- When you are ready to reveal the grades/scores and access to all feedback, go back to this drop-down Edit menu and select Show.