Moodle 3.2: Grant an Extension to an Assignment
Applies to: Moodle 3.2.
Instructors can grant an Extension to a student who needs more time to work on an assignment past the Due Date and Cut-off Dates. If the student has already submitted the assignment, the extension option is still available and will convert the submission back to Draft mode, allowing the student to edit/replace the submission(s) until the new Cut-off date of the Extension is reached.
Granting an assignment extension
- Go to the course homepage.
- Find the assignment and click the assignment link.
- Click View all submissions (3.2).
- Find the row for the student who needs the extension.
- Under the Edit column, click Edit and choose Grant extension from the drop down menu.
Note: If the assignment does not have a due date, you will not see a Grant extension option.
- Enter an Extension due date and click the Save changes button.
You will see a comment in the Status column for that student that contains information on the new Extension due date.
- You do not need to make any changes in the original Assignment settings.
- The student will have the standard ability to edit or upload materials for the assignment until the Extension due date is reached.