Moodle 3.2: Grade Workshops via the Gradebook
Applies to: Moodle 3.2.
Instructors can manually enter grades and comments for workshops directly into the Gradebook. However, it is highly recommended to grade any activity from the activity grading page for the following reasons:
- More detail can be given to the comments.
- Any grades or feedback done from the gradebook will add an override lock to the workshop aggregate grade, which can only be removed from within the Gradebook. See Remove an Override Grade for the required steps.
Entering workshop grades directly in the gradebook in Moodle 3.2
- Go to the course homepage.
- Find the Administration block:
- Click Gradebook setup.
- In the drop-down menu in the upper right corner, select Edit by Item or Student.
- Select the workshop name (submission) from the Select gradebook item menu.
- Click the Override All option.
- Enter grades in the grade boxes. Use the Tab key for moving to the next box.
- Enter comments if you desire.
- Click Update or Save to save your changes.