Moodle 3.2: Grade Group Assignments
Applies to: Moodle 3.2.
Assignments in Moodle can be set up to allow groups of students to collaborate on a single assignment.
There will be a single submission for the entire group of students. An instructor can do any of the following:
- Give the same grade to all students in the group.
- Add feedback comments and feedback files.
- Give different grades to different individuals within the group.
Applying the same grade to all students in a group
- Go to the course homepage.
- Find the assignment you want to grade and click its link.
- Click View all submissions (View/grade all submissions in 3.0).
- Select a group from the dropdown menu at the top of the grading table. The page will refresh with only selected group member in the grading table.
- In the Grade column click the Grade button (3.2) for one of the group members.
- Enter a grade and feedback if desired.
- Check that Apply grades and feedback to entire group is set to Yes.
- Scroll down and click Save changes.
You can go back to the assignment grading page and edit any individual student grade and comment by selecting the Grade icon for that user.
Applying different grades to students in a group
- Follow the directions above up to step 7.
- Check that Apply grades and feedback to entire group is set to No.
- Save your grading and change to a different group member.
- Moodle 3.0: Click Save and show next. The next group member grading page appears.
- Moodle 3.2:
- Click Save changes, then click OK.
- Use the Change User menu in the upper right to switch between students in a group.
- When finished giving grades to everyone within a group, scroll down and click Save Changes.