Moodle 3.2: Export Grades from the Gradebook
Applies to: Moodle 3.2.
You can export or download a spreadsheet with both scores and feedback comments from the Moodle gradebook. Gradebook values and text can be exported to an Excel spreadsheet, an OpenDocument spreadsheet, a Plain text file (CSV).
Moodle exports values by default. To export feedback comments, you must select that option. Any Feedback files that have been attached to activities cannot be exported using the Gradebook export process.
Exporting grades from the gradebook in Moodle 3.2
- Go to the course homepage.
- Find the Administration block:
- Click Gradebook setup
- Click the Gradebook dropdown menu in the upper-right corner.
- Scroll down to the Export section.
- Select Excel spreadsheet (or one of the other options).
- Choose which activities/items you want to export on the Export to... page.
- To export all data leave all activity/items checked.
- To export specific items:
- Click the Select all/none link.
- Check the selection boxes for those activities/items.
- Expand the Export format options area to check the box to include the feedback comments if desired.
- Click Download. The file downloads to your computer.
- Find the file in the downloads area. It will be called [name-of-your-course Grades].