Moodle 3.2: Exclude a Student from an activity
Applies to: Moodle 3.2.
There may be times when a student misses or cannot submit an assignment because of a family emergency or similar difficulty. A student can be excluded from the assignment so it is not counted in a category total or course grade total. The student's grade is recalculated as if the assignment didn't exist.
Excluding a student from an activity
- Go to the course homepage.
- Find the Administration block:
- Click Gradebook setup
- Choose Edit by Item or Student from the dropdown menu in the upper-right corner.
- Select the student name from the Select user ¦ menu.
- Check the Excluded box for the specific activity to be excused.
- Optional: Enter a comment in the Feedback textbox with the reason for the exclusion.
- Click Save changes; click Continue if prompted.
- Click Turn editing off. The word "Excluded" appears in red in the Gradebook cell. It will also appear in the student's Grades report.