Moodle 3.2: Create a Printable View of a Quiz
Applies to: Moodle 3.2.
If you have a student who needs to take a Moodle Quiz on paper, or if you want a paper copy with answers for yourself, you can create a very nice, printable view with Respondus.
Respondus is a Windows-only third party application that the University of Minnesota has license to use. It can be used to create and upload questions into Moodle, as well as download and print quizzes.
There is no easy way to print out the selected questions or even a preview of the quiz suitable for use as a paper test from within Moodle.
Retrieving a quiz from a Moodle site
- Download and install Respondus, if you have not already done so.
- Open/Start Respondus.
- Click the Start tab.
- Select Moodle under Current Personality.
- Click the Retrieval tab.
- Click the Retrieve Questions button.
- Select the appropriate Moodle server. Click Next.
- Select the appropriate Moodle course.
- Select the quiz.
- Type a name for the new file. Click Next.
- Click Finish after the quiz is retrieved.
- Click the Start tab:
- Change Current Personality to Platform Neutral.
- Click OK. Respondus will ask you whether you want to replace current quiz file that you have just retrieved, or save it under different name. It does not matter which option will you choose.
- Click Preview and Publish. It is strongly recommended to Preview the quiz.
- Click Print Options. Modify the settings if needed and print. It is also strongly recommended to use Save to File and save to your computer desktop or a documents folder. Then open in MS Word and adjust font type, size, and line spacing.