Moodle 3.2: Control Access to Assignments by Date
Applies to: Moodle 3.2
When a new assignment is created, there are no date restrictions. Students can submit assignments as soon as you open the course site, and as long as they like. You can control assignment access with three date options:
- Allow submission from
- Due date
- Cut-off date
Note: If enabled, students see the Allow submission from and Due date information on the assignment description page. They do not see the Cut-off date.
Some common date combinations:
- Set the Allow submission from date, but leave Due date and Cut-off not enabled. Then manually check both when you wish to close the assignment to the class.
- Set the Due date when the assignment is due, but allow for late submissions by setting the Cut-off date a few days later. The time stamp for the submission will be marked in red text, easy for you to identify.
Setting dates for an assignment
- Go to the course homepage and click Turn editing on.
- Find the Assignment you want to modify.
- Click the Edit menu to the right of the assignment, then choose Edit Settings.
- Scroll down to Availability and expand the section.
- Enable and set the date restrictions as desired.
- Scroll down and click Save and return to course.