Moodle 3.2: Category View Options in the Standard Gradebook
Applies to: Moodle 3.2
When using categories to organize the gradebook, the Standard Gradebook offers three viewing options of the data: Full, Aggregates, and Grades Only. Each view reveals more or less information and can be helpful when there are many items in the gradebook. The Gradebook will retain the last view you use.
Note: Categories must be set up in the gradebook for the following steps to apply.
Viewing category information in the Standard Gradebook view
- Go to the course homepage.
- Find the Administration block:
- Click Gradebook Setup.
- Choose Standard Gradebook from drop down menu in the upper right.
- Click the Collapse/Expand icon next to the Category Name to change views accordingly:
- Full View - Shows the category, each of the activities within the category, and a separate column showing the total grade of all the activities within that category.
- Aggregates View - Shows only the Category Total column.
- Grades Only View - Shows you the grades for each activity within a category, but it does not display the Category Total column.