Linux: Fix AnyConnect VPN Server Certificate Errors
Some versions of Linux do not come with a Certificate Authority (CA) certificate that will recognize the University of Minnesota's certificate CA. You will need to download and install an intermediate CA certificate.
Fixing AnyConnect VPN Server Certificate Errors
- Download the certificate setup tarball (tar).
- Open Terminal.
- Change directories in Terminal to the location of your certificate setup tarball.
- Type tar zxvfo setup-certs.tar.gz
- Press Enter or Return. This will extract three files: README, setup-certs.sh and incommon_root_ca.pem.
- Type sudo sh ./setup-certs.sh
- Press Enter or Return. This will execute the setup-certs.sh script. The script will make a directory and install the incommon_root_ca.pem certificate file.
If you have any questions contact Technology Help.