How to Use the Hardware Purchasing Website
This article will help you to submit a request for hardware or software through the Hardware Purchasing website.
- Name or Internet ID of the requester (if different than that of the person filling out the form)
- The person listed as the requester will be copied on confirmation and completion emails
- Quantity of items
- Billing EFS String
- Note: If you are working on Tier 1, please do not gather this information either over the phone or by email. It can be passed to the zones for further assistance.
- Name or Internet ID of the approver
- Navigate to the Hardware Purchasing Page
- Note that you may be prompted to log in using your University of Minnesota Internet ID and password before you can access the purchasing page.
- If you are submitting an order for someone other than yourself, enter their Email address under the Recipient section in the upper left and click Change.
- Add your items to your cart:
- If you are ordering one or more of our Stock items, select them from the page on which they appear and add them to the cart.
- If you are ordering a Custom item, click the Custom tab and enter the URL where we can purchase the item or the part number from UMarket.
- Once all items are added to your cart, click on your cart and choose View Cart.
- If all items are present and correct, click Submit Order.