How to Restore Files from Backup on a College of Design Active Directory Server
Files on Active Directory servers are regularly backed up. Previous versions of backed up files may be accessed from Windows computers.
This article will help you complete the following:
- Recover a file or folder that was accidentally deleted from the Active Directory server.
- Recover a previous version of a file or folder that has been accidentally renamed.
- Recover a previous version of a file that has been modified.
- Navigate to the folder that used to contain the file or folder, right-click it, and then click Restore previous versions.
- Double-click a previous version of the folder that contains the file or folder you want to restore. (For example, if a file was deleted today, choose a version of the folder from yesterday that contains the file.)
- Drag the file or folder that you want to restore to another location, such as your desktop or another folder.
The version of the file or folder is saved to the location that you selected.
- Close the Properties dialog box.
Availability of files and folders is dependent on server backups and available space.