Grouper: Administer Groups
WorkflowGen uses a tool called Grouper to manage groups between the Customer Development instance (CDEV) and the production instance (PRD).
Adding Members and Administrators
By default when you create a group you are "an entity with admin privileges"; however, you are not a member of the group.
- Click on My Groups in the Quick Links sidebar.
- Navigate to the tab titled Groups I manage.
- Find the group you want to manage in the list, or use the Filter for: field to search for a group name.
- Click on the Group Name.
- Click the orange Add members button in the top right corner of the page.
- Enter the UMN Internet ID (or the name of an existing Grouper group) you want to add as a member.
- Set the privileges for the new members (see list under image for role/privilege descriptions).
- "Member privilege" adds the participant as a member to the group.
- "Optin" and "optout" enable participants to opt in to and/or out of the group.
- "View" enables a participant to see that a particular group exists.
- "Read" allows the person to see the group membership.
- "Update" allows for adding members to the group.
- "Admin" designates if a participant as the administrator of the group.
- Note: These designations are mutually exclusive, i.e. "Admin" does not automatically designate a participant to "member" status, and "member" doesn't automtically enable "read" status. In most cases for WorkflowGen, participants will have "admin" and/or "member" designations.
- Click Add.
- From the group summary page, click Show entities with and the privileges you want to modify.
- Click the link that says "has direct privileges" next to the person / group you want to modify.
- Set the new privilege and click assign this privilege. (To remove the person, deselect all of the privileges).
- Go to the "Members" tab
- Click on "Actions"next to the name of the person you want to remove.
- Click "Revoke Membership".