Duo: Use Two-Factor Authentication for all University Sign-in Pages
Anyone with a UMN Internet ID can use Duo two-factor authentication for all University sign-in pages. As of November 2019, Duo two-factor authentication is required for all students, faculty, and staff.
This option will add a second layer of protection to your University Gmail, Google Drive, and other applications that use your University internet ID for authentication.
You must first Enroll a Duo Device before using Duo.
Note: If you have already enrolled a device for Duo Protection for W-2 and Direct Deposit or other Duo-required applications, you do not need to enroll your device again.
Note: Once you have enrolled in Duo Security at Sign-In program, you will not be able to opt out of it. You will be able to un-enroll specific devices, but your account will remain associated with Duo Security at Sign-In.
Turning on Duo for all University sign-on pages
- Sign into my-account.umn.edu.
- Go to the left-hand menu and click on DUO Security
- In the drop-down menu, click Enable Duo Security
- Select Yes to opt in, and click Submit.
- A confirmation message will appear explaining that you have opted in to using two-factor authentication for University sign-in pages.