Duo: Use Duo Two-Factor Protection for Direct Deposit and W-2
Using Duo Two-Factor Protection provides an extra measure of security when accessing your Direct Deposit and W-2 information. It adds an extra step when accessing your personal information but the benefits are worth it.
- Log in to myu.umn.edu in a web browser.
- Select the My Pay tab in the left-hand sidebar.
- In the links at the bottom of the page, select one of the following:
- Direct Deposit Set-Up (in the Pay section)
- W-2/W-2C Consent (in the Tax section)
- W-2/W-2C Forms (in the Tax section)
- In the left-hand sidebar, find the box labeled Duo Two-Factor Protection. Select Opt in now.
- Confirm that you wish to opt into Duo. An alert will appear with the message, "If you already have a Duo device set up, you need to do nothing further."
Once you have authenticated using Duo, it will not be presented again in the same browser session. If you sign out and begin a new session later, you will have to go through these steps again to gain access to your information.
- Opt In to DUO Two-Factor Protection for Direct Deposit and W-2
- Opt Out of Duo Two-Factor Protection for Direct Deposit and W-2
- Duo: Enroll a Smart Phone or Tablet to use with the Duo Mobile App
- Contact Technology Help