Duo: Use a Backup Device
If you do not have your usual Duo device, use your backup device or your pre-generated bypass codes to verify your identity.
Don't have a backup device or bypass codes? Visit a walk-in location with a photo ID. You can also call 1-HELP at 612-301-4357 and use video for verification.
Curious about which devices to enroll as backups? See Decide What Devices to Enroll in Duo to read recommendations and learn how to enroll multiple devices.
Using a Backup Device
- Go to the application that you need to log into.
- If prompted, enter your internet ID and password and Sign In.
- On the Duo authentication page, click the arrows in the Device box to open up a drop-down menu showing all devices you have already enrolled in Duo.
- Select the device you want to use.
- Click the the method of authentication you want to receive on that device (push, call, or passcode).
- Wait for the authentication method to be received on your device and proceed as directed.