Duo: Remove a Device
There are various scenarios where you may need to remove a device from your Duo page in Self-Service:
- The device is no longer in use (Did you lose it? Was it stolen?)
- You uninstalled the Duo Mobile app from your smartphone or tablet.
- Your UMN account was removed from the Duo app on your smartphone.
- You have a new smartphone that has the same phone number assigned to it.
You will need to remove the device and then add a new device following the directions to Enroll a Smartphone or Tablet to use with the Duo Mobile App.
Please note: While it is possible to remove a device from your Duo Device list, it is not possible to remove your account from Duo after you have opted in.
Remove the device from your Self-Service page
- Navigate to my-account.umn.edu and sign in with your Internet ID and password, if prompted.
- Scroll down to located the Duo Security menu in the left navigation menu, then click on it to expand it.
- Select Create or Manage Duo Account.
You must use Duo to verify that it's you before you can access the Self-Service area.
- Once you are in the Create or Manage area, select My Settings & Devices.
- Click the Device Options button next to the device you want to remove.
- Once the Device Options menu opens,
click the maroon icon that looks like a garbage can.
- Confirm that you really want to remove this device.
- When your device has been removed, a green confirmation message
appears at the bottom of the screen.