Drupal Lite 8, 9: Add a YouTube Custom Block to a Page
This article applies to Drupal Lite 8 and 9.
A YouTube video can be added to a page using a custom block. The embedded video will be the width of the region it is in and the height will scale appropriately.
Embed a YouTube Video
Find the YouTube video share link
- View the video on YouTube
- Select the Share button in the toolbar just below the video
- Select the Copy button next to the URL
- If you want the video to start at a certain timecode, select the Start At box and enter the time where the video should start playing.
Embed the Video on a Drupal Lite page using a Custom Block
- Log in to the site
- Find the page to add the video
- Select Layout
- Select Add Block in the region where the video will be placed. The Choose a Block palette is displayed.
- Select Create Custom Block at the top of the palette. The Add a New Custom Block palette is displayed.
- Select Video Embed. The Configure Block palette is displayed.
- Enter a Title
- Deselect the Display Title checkbox if you do not want the title displayed.
- Paste the copied YouTube URL in the Video Embed URL box.
- Select Add Block. The palette closes and the Layout Builder is displayed.
- Select Save Layout at the top of the page.