Drupal Lite 7: User Roles
Drupal is a role-based application. When a person logs in to your site, they will be able to complete various tasks based on their administrative role. A site owner has the ability to distribute roles to the people using the site.
There are six roles in your Drupal Lite site:
- Unauthenticated (Anonymous): Anyone that visits your site, but is not logged in.
- Authenticated: Anyone that has logged in to your site. Even though they've logged in, they will have the same experience as the anonymous role.
- Contributor: Can create, edit and manage content, change page layouts, add custom content to pages, add content to menus.
- Site Owner: Can create, edit and manage content, change page layouts, add custom content to pages, publish content, manage menus, and manage people
- Administrator: OIT Drupal support team
- Site Administrator: Has full access to all of the tools in Drupal Lite.
Using the Manage People tool in your Drupal Lite site, you can easily add new people, give them the proper access, block users and cancel a user account.
Cancel User Account Options
If you cancel a user account, you will be shown a list of options for handling the process.