Drupal Lite 7: Use the Colorbox Feature
The Colorbox feature provides a modal (pop-up) image gallery that allows you to display thumbnails of images that site visitors can click to view the full size in a carousel. Your role in Drupal may not have access to this tool. Contact your site administrator for additional information.
Using the Colorbox feature
- Log in to your site.
- Click Custom Settings in the admin menu.
- Click the Advanced tab.
- Click Manage content types.
- Either create a new content type or click manage display for the content type that you would like to add the Colorbox to.
- For the image field, select the dropdown menu in the Format column and select Colorbox. Additional settings will appear in the column to the right.
- To adjust the default Colorbox settings, click the gear icon. You can adjust:
- Content image style: how the image(s) will display embedded in the page.
- Content image style for first image: how the first image will display embedded in the page.
- Colorbox image style: how the image(s) will display in the Colorbox modal.
- Gallery (image grouping): how the images should be grouped.
- Caption: which image component will be used for the image caption.
- Create content of the updated content type and all images added through the updated field will have the Colorbox feature applied.
- The Colorbox feature can only be applied to image fields.
- Only images added through the updated field will have the Colorbox feature applied. Images added through the WYSIWYG editor or through the Add image widget will not have the Colorbox feature applied.