Drupal Lite 7: Stop Displaying a Field for an Existing Content Type (with Panelizer)
Displaying content using panels requires three things: fields, a layout, and the mapping of those fields to the layout. These instructions are for removing the mapping of a field from the layout.
This is the fifth of eight tasks in Creating a New Content Type.
Additionally, your role in Drupal may not have the proper permissions to complete the task. Contact your site administrator for additional information.
- Click Menu in the Administrator toolbar.
- Click Custom Settings in the Menu bar.
- Click Advanced.
- Click Manage Content Types.
- Click edit in the Operations column next to the content type you want to edit.
- Click the Panelizer tab.
- Click Full Page Override in the upper right-hand corner.
- Note: the Full Page Override panel controls the display of a page's content when the viewer is on that page. Other panels will control the display of a page's content when it is referenced in other ways across the site (e.g. in an automated list, an RSS feed, featured on the homepage, etc.)
- Click Content in the upper right-hand corner.
- Click the gear icon for the pane that is displaying content you want to hide.
- Click Disable this pane or Remove.
- Disable this pane hides the pane from public view, but it remains part of the panel and retains its configuration settings.
- Remove deletes the pane from the panel. All configuration settings for the pane are lost and if you want to display the content again, you will need to add and configure the pane again. This option does not delete the content, it just removes the display of the content from the panel.
- Click Save. You will see a green bar at the top of administrator page with the message: The settings have been updated.
- Repeat steps 9 through 11 for each field you wish to stop displaying.