Drupal Lite 7: Move the Display of a Field for an Existing Content Type (with Panelizer)
Drupal uses panes to display content within a layout. Panes can be moved around within a layout. Panes can move from one region to another or from one position within a region to another.
This is the seventh of eight tasks in Creating a New Content Type.
Your role in Drupal may not have the proper permissions to complete the task. Contact your site administrator for additional information.
- Click Menu in the Administrator toolbar.
- Click Custom Settings in the Menu bar.
- Click Advanced.
- Click Manage Content Types.
- Click edit in the Operations column next to the content type you want to edit.
- Click the Panelizer tab.
- Click Full Page Override in the upper right-hand corner.
- Note: the Full Page Override panel controls the display of a page's content when the viewer is on that page. Other panels will control the display of a page's content when it is referenced in other ways across the site (e.g. in an automated list, an RSS feed, featured on the homepage, etc.)
- Click Content in the upper right-hand corner.
- Click the dark grey title bar for the panel box you wish to move and drag the box until it is positioned where you want the field to display within the desired region.
- Click Save. You will see a green bar at the top of administrator page with the message: The settings have been updated.
- Repeat steps 9 and 10 for each field you wish to move.
Next Task in Creating a New Content Type