Drupal Lite 7: Linking to Pages Outside of Your Site (External Hyperlinks)
External hyperlinks are links to locations outside of your site-- for example, from an "About Us" page to your college's homepage.
When creating a hyperlink to an external source, best practice is to visit the exact page you are linking to and then copying the entire URL that is in your web browser's address bar.
The default behavior is to open links in the same window. You can change the behavior of the link using the Target option.
Please refer to the AccessibleU website for proper methods to make accessible hyperlinks.
- Select the text you would like to be a hyperlink
- Click the link button on the editing toolbar
- Select the Link Info tab
- Select URL as the Link Type
- In the URL field, paste the URL for the page you are linking to
- Select the Target tab and choose the Target for your link. The target defines where the link will open: in the same window, in a new window, etc.
- Select the Advanced tab. The options on the advanced tab are for advanced users.
- Click OK.