Drupal Lite 7: Edit the Layout for an Existing Content Type (with Panelizer)
Displaying content using panels requires three things: fields, a layout, and the mapping of those fields to the layout. These instructions are for selecting and applying a layout.
This is the fourth of ten tasks in Creating a New Content Type.
Additionally, your role in Drupal may not have access to this tool. Contact your site administrator for additional information.
- Click Menu in the Administrator toolbar.
- Click Custom Settings in the Menu bar.
- Click Advanced.
- Click Manage Content Types.
- Click edit in the Operations column next to the content type you want to edit.
- Click the Panelizer tab.
- Click Full Page Override in the upper right-hand corner.
- Note: the Full Page Override panel controls the display of a page's content when the viewer is on that page. Other panels will control the display of a page's content when it is referenced in other ways across the site (e.g. in an automated list, an RSS feed, featured on the homepage, etc.)
- Click Layout in the upper right-hand corner.
- Select Radix in the Category drop-down menu.
- Radix layouts are tested against all the major web browsers and include responsive design.
- Click the layout you wish to apply.
- Click Continue. You will see a preview of the new layout with the display panes assigned to the regions associated with the new layout.
- Click Save. You will see the new layout with display panes in one or more regions. You will also be in the Content tab instead of the Layout tab.