Drupal Lite 7: Create a Sessions page
The Sessions content type is used to create pages devoted to conference sessions. It has a tool for connecting Biography pages to the Session page. Note: you need to create the Biography before adding it to the Session page
To create a new Sessions page
- Log in to your site
- Click Menu in the administration bar at the top
- Click Add Content
- Click Sessions
- Complete the form
- Click Save
- Title (required)
- Session Description
- Session Date
- Session Presenter(s)
- If you have NOT already created the biography for the person, click Create Biography
- If you have already created the biography for the person, start typing their name and choose from the auto-complete list. The auto-complete list will show all Biography pages that contain the characters typed in the Biography title
Additional Options (right side of window)
If you want the page to appear in the navigational menu.
- Check the Provide a menu link box.
- Provide a Link Title.
- Use the Parent selector to choose where you want the link to be. Select <main menu> if you want it to appear in the primary site navigation menu. Select any of the other pages as a parent if you want this page to appear in a secondary menu drop-down.
- Uncheck the Published box in the right sidebar if you do not want the page published.
- Check the Create new revision box if you want a new version of this page. When creating a new page, there is no utility with this tool. Usually, a new revision would be created if the content is being edited in the future.
The Author, Date, and Time will be automatically populated when the new content is saved.
Default URL for this content type
Default Page Layout
Two Column (Title, Session Date, Location, Description on left, List of Presenters in right column)