Drupal Lite 7: Create a New Content Type
Content types are fundamental to how Drupal organizes content and controls how contributors add content to your site and how viewers experience that content.
Add a new content type to your site only when you've identified a new category of content that will have multiple pages associated with it.
This is the first of eight tasks to Create a New Content Type.
Additionally, your role in Drupal may not have access to this tool. Contact your site administrator for additional information.
- Click Menu in the Administrator toolbar.
- Click Custom Settings in the Menu bar.
- Click Advanced.
- Click Manage Content Types.
- Click Add content type.
- Enter name of content in Name field.
- Enter description of content in Description field.
- Click Panelizer in the lower left corner.
- Check the Panelize checkbox.
- Check the box next to Full Page Override (Page Manager is enabled correctly).
- Check Provide an initial display named "Default".
- Repeat steps 11 for Teaser and Featured options.
- Click Save Content Type or click Save and add fields.
- Note: Click Save and add fields if you intend to continue configuring the new content type.
Creating a new content type has several stages. Please continue with the following tasks.
- Add an Existing Field to an Existing Content Type
- Add a New Field to an Existing Content Type
- Edit the Layout for an Existing Content Type (with Panelizer)
- Stop Displaying a Field for an Existing Content Type (with Panelizer)
- Display a Field for an Existing Content Type (with Panelizer)
- Move the Display of a Field for an Existing Content Type (with Panelizer)
- Edit the URL Alias Pattern for an Existing Content Type