Drupal Lite 7: Add an Existing Vocabulary to an Existing Content Type
Your role in Drupal may not have the proper permissions to complete the task. Contact your site administrator for additional information.
If you have not already added a Term Reference to a Content Type, refer to the article Drupal Lite: Add a New Vocabulary to an Exisiting Content Type
- Click Menu in the Administrator toolbar.
- Click Custom Settings in the Menu bar.
- Click Advanced.
- Click Manage Content Types.
- Click edit for the content type that needs editing.
- Click the Manage Fields tab.
- Add a title in the Label field for Add existing field (required).
- Select the existing field from the Select an existing field drop-down menu.
- Note: Vocabularies are always Term Reference.
- Select a form element from the Widget drop-down menu.
- Check boxes/radio buttons and Select list restrict users to the terms already assigned to the vocabulary.
- Autocomplete term widget (tagging) lets users add terms to the vocabulary.
- Click Save.
- Confirm that your title is present in the Label field.
- Select the number of terms from the Number of Values drop-down menu.
- Note: If you want to select more than one term in this field, generally it is best to select Unlimited.
- Fill in any optional fields as needed.
- Recommended fields include: Default Value and Help text.
- Click Save Settings.