Drupal Lite 7: Add an Existing Field to an Existing Content Type
When working with fields, it is always preferable to reuse existing fields than to create new fields.
This is the second of ten tasks in Creating a New Content Type.
Additionally, your role in Drupal may not have the proper permissions to complete the task. Contact your site administrator for additional information.
- Click Menu in the Administrator toolbar.
- Click Custom Settings in the Menu bar.
- Click Advanced.
- Click Manage Content Types.
- Click edit in the Operations column next to the content type you want to edit.
- Click the Manage Fields tab.
- Enter a label in the Label field under Add existing field.
- Select the existing field you want to add to this content type in the drop-down menu under Machine name.
- Select a form element from the drop-down menu under Widget.
- Click Save.
- Depending on your selections, you will have additional options for the field. Make sure to complete all required fields.
- Click Save settings after configuring any additional options for the new field.
- You should now see the field added to the content type's list of fields.
- Repeat steps 7 through 11 for each existing field you wish to add to the content type.