Drupal Enterprise 7: Upload Documents Using the Media Module
The following instructions are for websites using the default UMN Drupal Enterprise 7 (DE7) configuration.
Using the Media Module, files can be uploaded to Drupal and displayed as a link. The Media Module will allow for a wide range of file types to be uploaded, and an icon will be displayed next to the link name.
To upload a file to Drupal
- Place your cursor in the rich text field where you want the link to display
- Click the Add Media button on the editing toolbar
- Click the Choose File button and navigate to the file on your computer
- Click Next
- Note: If your file is not listed in the Allowed File Types list, you will receive an error message and will not be able to continue
- The Display As option has no effect on the display of the link
- Click Submit
Files uploaded using the Media Module are stored in your Drupal site. This means that you can link to the file on other pages. You can also update the file if a new version is needed.