Drupal Enterprise 7: Update a Content File on Your DE7 Site
Updating a content file (e.g. an image, a pdf, a Microsoft Office document) is the best way to simultaneously update that file wherever it appears on your site.
The following instructions are for websites using the default UMN Drupal Enterprise 7 configuration.
Drupal is highly customizable, and your site may have different steps for completing the task. Additionally, your role in Drupal may not have the proper permissions to complete the task. Contact your site administrator for additional information.
- Click Menu in the Administrator toolbar.
- Click Content in the Menu toolbar.
- Click the Files tab in the upper right corner of the Content page.
- Use the filters, if desired, at the top of the Content page to locate the page you want to edit by entering a Name, Type or User and clicking Apply.
- Click the file title link in the Name column for the file you want to update.
- Click the Edit tab.
- Click Choose File in the Replace file field.
- Select the file you wish to update and click Choose.
Note: Drupal will only allow you to update a file with a file of the same file type. For example, you can only update a PDF file with another PDF file.
- Click Save.