Drupal Enterprise 7: Understand Workbench (aka My Workbench)
The following instructions are for websites using the default UMN Drupal Enterprise 7 (DE7) configuration. The workflow or DE8 is documented at https://www.drupal.org/docs/8/core/modules/content-moderation/overview
Workbench is a Drupal module that provides an interface for workflow and moderation of content.
In the University's standard Drupal installation, My Workbench will be the first item in the administrative menu.
My Workbench is an alternative way of accessing the content in your site. Instead of searching for content using Content in the administrative menu, My Workbench groups the content into tabs:
- My Content -- your most recently created content
- My Drafts -- content you've created that has the publishing actions set to Draft
- Needs Review -- all content on your site that has the publishing actions set to Needs Review
There are two additional tabs:
- Create Content -- an alternate view of the list of content types you can create
- File List -- a way to interact with the files (images, sounds, PDFs, Word Documents, etc.) on your site.
Drupal.org has more information about Workbench. See https://www.drupal.org/project/workbench