Drupal Enterprise 7, Lite 7: Hot Link an Image Using the Media Module
The following instructions are for websites using the default UMN Drupal Enterprise 7 configuration.
If an image appears on another website, and you want to embed it in a rich text field, you can use the Media Module. (This is often termed "hot-linking images")
To hot-link an image
- Place your cursor in the rich text field where you want to place the image
- Click the Add Media button on the editing toolbar
- Click the WEB tab
- Paste the fully qualified URL for the image ("fully qualified" meaning http://¦)
- Click Next
- Enter Alt Text for the image. The Alt text should be a clear, complete and concise description of the image. For more information about Alt text, please refer to the AccessibleU page on using proper ALT text with images
- Click Save
- Choose a size for the Display As option.
- Click Submit