Drupal Enterprise 7: Edit the Permissions for an Existing Role
Roles are how Drupal manages permissions. When you make major changes to your site (e.g. add a new content type, enable a module, etc.), you will often need to update permissions for your site's user roles as well.
This is the eighth of ten tasks in Creating a New Content Type. The following instructions are for websites using the default UMN Drupal Enterprise 7 (DE7) configuration.
Additionally, your role in Drupal may not have access to this tool. Contact your site administrator for additional information.
- Click Menu in the Administrator toolbar.
- Click People in the Menu toolbar.
- Click the Permissions tab.
- Click Roles. You will see a list of the roles in your site.
- Click edit permissions for the role you want to update.
- Check or Uncheck the Editor checkboxes for each permission you wish to add or remove, respectively.
- Click Save permissions.
Next Task in Creating a New Content Type