Drupal Enterprise 7: Display a Field for an Existing Content Type (with Panelizer)
Displaying content using panels requires three things: fields, a layout, and the mapping of those fields to the layout. These instructions are for mapping a field to a layout.
This is the sixth of ten tasks in Creating a New Content Type.
- Click Menu in the Administrator toolbar.
- Click Structure in the Menu bar.
- Click Content types link under Structure.
- Click edit in the Operations column next to the content type you want to edit.
- Click the Panelizer tab.
- Click Full Page Override in the upper right-hand corner.
Note: the Full Page Override panel controls the display of a page's content when the viewer is on that page. Other panels will control the display of a page's content when it is referenced in other ways across the site (e.g. in an automated list, an RSS feed, featured on the homepage, etc.)
- Click Content in the upper right-hand corner.
- Click the gear icon for the pane that is displaying content you want to hide.
- Click Add content in the drop-down menu. A modal window should appear with options for which content you want to display.
- Click on the Page Content tab.
- Click Add for the field you want to display.
- Note: You will have one or two screens of additional options, depending on the pane you add. Make your selections and click Save or Continue and Finish.
- You should see that a new pane box that matches the field you added is now included in the region.
- If necessary, click the dark grey title bar for the panel box and drag the box until it is positioned where you want the field to display within the region.
- Click Save. You will see a green bar at the top of administrator page with the message: The settings have been updated.
- Repeat steps 8 through 13 for each field you wish to display.
Next Task in Creating a New Content Type
Page edited with the instant HTML Code Editor. Please subscribe for a membership to remove promotional messages like this one.