Drupal Enterprise 7: Add a User to a Group
The following instructions are for websites using the default UMN Drupal Enterprise 7 Groups configuration.
Drupal is highly customizable, and your site may have different steps for completing the task. Additionally, your role in Drupal may not have the proper permissions to complete the task. Contact your site administrator for additional information.
- Click Menu in the Administrator bar.
- Click Content in the Menu bar.
- Use filters, if desired, at the top of the Content page to locate the group you want to edit by entering Title and Type, and clicking Apply.
- Click the page link in the Title column for the page you want to edit.
- Click the Group tab.
- Click Add people.
- Enter the username in the User name field for the user you want to add.
- Note: If users are added to Drupal through central authentication, their UMN Internet ID is their Drupal username. Also, the User name field will autocomplete.
- Check any group roles you wish to assign to this user, if needed.
- Note: By adding a user to a group, that user automatically gets assigned the Member group role.
- Fill in any additional optional fields.
- Click Add users.