Drupal Enterprise 7: Add a New Field to an Existing Content Type
The following instructions are for websites using the default UMN Drupal Enterprise 7 configuration.
When working with fields, it is always preferable to reuse existing fields than to create new fields. Only create a new field when no existing content type will meet your needs.
This is the third of ten tasks in Creating a New Content Type
Additionally, your role in Drupal may not have the proper permissions to complete the task. Contact your site administrator for additional information.
- Click Menu in the Administrator toolbar.
- Click Structure in the Menu bar.
- Click Content types link under Structure.
- Click edit in the Operations column next to the content type you want to edit.
- Click the Manage Fields tab.
- Enter label text in the Label field in the Add New Field row.
- Select the kind of information you want this field to collect in the Field Type drop-down menu.
- Select the input method you want for this field in the Widget drop-down menu, if appropriate.
- Click Save.
- Depending on your selections, you will have additional options for the field. Make sure to complete all required fields.
- Click Save settings after configuring any additional options for the new field.
- Repeat steps 6 through 10 for each existing field you wish to add to the content type.
Next Task in Creating a New Content Type
The online Word - HTML converter lets you convert Word documents to a clean code with just a couple clicks.