Drupal Enterprise 7: Add an Existing Vocabulary to an Existing Content Type
The following instructions are for websites using the default UMN Drupal 7 configuration.
Drupal is highly customizable, and your site may have different steps for completing the task. Additionally, your role in Drupal may not have the proper permissions to complete the task. Contact your site administrator for additional information.
- Click Menu in the Administrator toolbar.
- Click Structure in the Menu toolbar.
- Click Content types.
- Click edit for the content type that needs editing.
- Click the Manage Fields tab.
- Add a title in the Label field for Add existing field (required).
- Select the existing field from the Select an existing fielddrop-down menu.
Note: Vocabularies are always Term Reference.
- Select a form element from the Widget drop-down menu.
- Check boxes/radio buttons and Select list restrict users to the terms already assigned to the vocabulary.
- Autocomplete term widget (tagging) lets users add terms to the vocabulary.
- Click Save.
- Confirm that your title is present in the Label field.
- Select the number of terms from the Number of Valuesdrop-down menu.
Note: If you want to select more than one term in this field, generally it is best to select Unlimited.
- Fill in any optional fields as needed.
- Recommended fields include: Default Value and Help text.
- Click Save Settings.