Drupal 8: Navigating the Media Browser
The Media Browser allows you to reuse existing media on your website, upload new media, or embed media from an external website. The Media Browser appears wherever you can add media to a page.
You can click the star icon in the formatting toolbar to open the Media Browser. There are three tabs available in the Media Browser: Library, Upload, and Create embed.
The Library tab allows you to view media that is already on your website.
Search for files using filtering options at the top of the Library tab.
- Keywords text box searches for media based on the file name.
- Type dropdown menu searches based on the type of media.
- Click Filter to search.
- Click media to select it.
- Click Place to embed the media.
The Upload tab allows you to upload a new media file.
Click the Choose File button. Your computer's file browser will open.
- Select and open the media you want to embed. Your file will appear in the media browser with additional information to set up depending on the media type.
- Click Place when done to embed the media.
The Create embed tab allows you to embed media from an external site such as a YouTube video.
- Go to the web media you want to embed (video, tweet, Instagram post) and copy its web address or URL.
- Paste the copied URL into the Enter a URL… text box.
- Enter a Name for the media.
- (Optional) If you want to add your own URL alias, uncheck Generate automatic URL alias
- Type a new URL alias in the box provided.
- Click Place to embed the media