Downloads and Guides: Install AnyConnect VPN for iOS and Android Devices
Follow the steps below to install the Cisco AnyConnect client on your iOS or Android device. The instructions are basically the same for all mobile devices, but they may vary slightly based on the device and the version you are running. Both Full and Split Tunnel VPN Pools and certain Departmental Pools require Duo Two Factor Authentication to connect, using Duo and VPN is outlined in Using Duo Append Mode with Cisco AnyConnect.
- Verify that you have an iTunes (for iOS devices) or Google Play (for Android devices) account.
- Install the Cisco AnyConnect client from the App Store or Google Play Store.
- Open the App Store/Google Play Store on your device.
- Tap Search.
- In the Search Box, enter "anyconnect". Then tap Cisco AnyConnect in the Suggestions list.
- Tap AnyConnect.
- Tap Free then INSTALL APP.
- Select Install.
- If prompted, enter your iTunes/Google Play account password.
- Open the Cisco AnyConnect app.
- A confirmation window opens the first time you start AnyConnect on the device that reads "Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client extends the Virtual Private Network (VPN) capabilities of your device. Do you want to enable this software?"
- Tap OK. AnyConnect shows the VPN connection status in the AnyConnect home screen.
- Tap Add VPN Connection in the AnyConnect home window.
- In the Description field, enter UofM vpn.
- In the Server Address field, enter "tc-vpn-1.vpn.umn.edu".
- Tap Save.