Downloads and Guides: Connect to L2TP Native VPN for Windows 7/10
- Navigate to Network and Sharing Center, then find and select the "UMN L2TP-IPSec Native" or "UMNvpn" network under Dial Up and VPN.
- Start button > Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Center OR
- Click the network button in the taskbar in the lower left corner to open the network menu.
- Enter your UofM Internet ID and password.
- Click the Connect button. You will get the message "Successfully connected to UMN L2TP-IPSec Native" when you have successfully connected to the VPN.
- Close the connect screen once you have successfully connected.
- To disconnect from the VPN client, right-click the VPN client and select Disconnect.
- Recommendation: If you did not successfully connect to the VPN, verify that you have an active Internet connection.
- Connect to a Shared Drive or Network Folder ("AD drives")