Downloads and Guides: Connect to AnyConnect VPN for Mac OS X
Follow these instructions to connect to the Cisco AnyConnect VPN client on your Mac.
- Start the application: Open the Applications > Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client icon.
- You should have an embedded profile that has a Connect to box that lists 2 options:
- Split Tunnel - For most UofM VPN needs, including shared drive access.
- Departmental Pools - Your department may require use of their VPN Pool.
- Select your department's workgroup after clicking 'Connect'.
- Full Tunnel - Uses a UofM IP address for entirety of connection.
- Generally not needed unless accessing firewalls or certain library journals.
- The embedded profile will be downloaded automatically upon connect and you will be able to use it for subsequent connections.
- Click Connect.
- Note: If you connect by IP address (e.g. 18.104.22.168), you will see a "certificate mismatch" warning. Click Accept to continue.
- Enter your Internet ID and password and click OK.
- The dialog box at the bottom of the user interface should say "Establishing VPN - Examining system, Activating VPN Adapter, Confguring System" followed by 'Connected to XXX' and then the AnyConnect status window will disappear.
- An icon for VPN with a lock should show up on the dock and/or on the menu bar.
Verify your Cisco AnyConnect VPN Connection
- From the task bar at the bottom (or top) of your screen, click on the VPN icon to view the Cisco AnyConnect user interface. The VPN icon is the white globe with green/blue links and a lock superimposed.
- Select the Statistics tab to view basic connectivity information.
Click the AnyConnect icon and select disconnect from the pull down menu. You can also simply quit the program to end the VPN connection.