Downloads and Guides: Connect to AnyConnect VPN for iOS and Android Devices
Once you've downloaded the App, follow the instructions below to connect to the VPN.
Certain Departmental Pools, Full Tunnel VPN, and Split Tunnel VPN Pools require multi-factor authentication (MFA) through Duo Security to connect. Using Duo and VPN is outlined in Using Duo Append Mode with Cisco AnyConnect. For assistance in connecting, including Login Failed messages, contact Technology Help for assistance.
- Tap on Connections, then tap on Add New VPN Connection.
- Tap on Description, then Add a description (optional).
Tap on Server Address, then type tc-vpn-1.vpn.umn.edu. Click Done.
- In 'VPN Connections', select the appropriate entry 'UMN - Split Tunnel - General Access VPN Pool', 'AnyConnect-UofMvpnFull', or 'UMN - Departmental Pools'.
- Slide the 'AnyConnect VPN' button to ON.
- For Departmental Pools or UofM VPN, tap the 'Group' pull-down menu and select the appropriate VPN Pool to connect to.
- To connect to the Split-Tunnel VPN, select 'AnyConnect-UofMSplit', or to connect to the Full-Tunnel VPN, select 'AnyConnect-UofMvpnFull'.
- Enter your Internet ID and password, on the 'AuthenticationBar'.
- Tap 'Connect'. A Duo Security push will automatically be sent to your default Duo device.
- To use any other method (e.g., call me, passcode) for Duo authentication, use Duo Append Mode.
- Approve the Duo Login Request.
- Verify that the status line says 'Connected'.