Downloads and Guides: Connect to AnyConnect VPN for iOS and Android Devices
Once you've downloaded the App, follow the instructions below to connect to the VPN.
- Tap on Connections, then tap on Add New VPN Connection.
- Tap on Description, then Add a description (optional).
Tap on Server Address, then type tc-vpn-1.vpn.umn.edu. Click Done.
- Slide the AnyConnect VPN button to ON.
- Click the Group pull-down menu and select the VPN to which you want to connect.
- To connect to the Split-Tunnel VPN, select AnyConnect-UofMSplit
- To connect to the Full-Tunnel VPN, select AnyConnect-UofMvpn
- Enter your University of Minnesota Internet ID and password.
- On the Authentication bar, press Connect.
- Verify that the status line says "Connected".
For assistance, contact the Technology Helpline (1-HELP).
NOTE: In the context of a VPN connection, split tunneling refers to the practice of routing only some traffic over the VPN, while letting other traffic directly access the Internet. Usually, what is routed over the VPN will be traffic destined for internal resources, while web surfing, email, etc. will go directly to the Internet. Full tunneling refers to the practice of routing ALL traffic over the VPN