Downloads and Guides: Connect to AnyConnect VPN for iOS and Android Devices
This article provides step-by-step instructions to connect to the Virtual Private Network (VPN) client Cisco AnyConnect using an Android or iOS device. If you need to download the client, visit Downloads and Guides: Install AnyConnect VPN for iOS and Android Devices
Certain Departmental Pools, Full Tunnel VPN, and Split Tunnel VPN Pools require multi-factor authentication (MFA) throughDuo Security to connect. Using Duo and VPN is outlined inUsing Duo Append Mode with Cisco AnyConnect. For assistance in connecting, including Login Failed messages, contact Technology Help for assistance.
- Launch the Cisco AnyConnect application.
- Tap Connections and select the appropriate entry.
- UMN - Split Tunnel - General Access VPN Pool - For most UofM VPN needs, including shared drive access.
- AnyConnect-UofMvpnFull - Uses a UofM IP address for the entirety of connection.
- UMN - Departmental Pools - Your department may require use of their VPN Pool.
- Toggle AnyConnect VPN button to ON.
- For Departmental Pools, tap the Group menu and select the appropriate VPN Pool.
- Enter your Internet ID and password, in the Authentication window.
- Tap Connect. A Duo Security push will automatically be sent to your default Duo device.
- To use any other method (e.g., call me, passcode) for Duo authentication, use Duo Append Mode.
- Approve the Duo Login Request.
- Verify that the status line says Connected.
- To disconnect, toggle AnyConnect VPN button to OFF.