Canvas: Upload Videos to Kaltura My Media
The My Media area in Canvas gives you direct access to your personal Kaltura media collection, both private (unpublished) and published content. When you upload content to My Media, you can then publish it to multiple classes at once. You can also embed it in the course site using Canvas' Rich Content Editor (RCE).
Uploading Videos to My Media
- In the course navigation menu of your Canvas course, click My Media.
- If My Media is not available in the course navigation menu, an instructor or TA in the Canvas course needs to enable it using Add Kaltura Course Tools to Canvas.
- If prompted to authorize Canvas to access your Kaltura account, click Authorize.
- In the top right area the My Media screen, click + Add New select Upload New Media.
- Drag and drop a file into the box, or click Choose a File to Upload.
- Locate and select the file on your computer you want to upload. Kaltura will display a green progress bar as the file uploads.
- On the Upload Media page, confirm or update the Name for the uploaded media; enter a description and tags if desired.
- Click Save.
By default, the video is private and can only be viewed by you. To publish to the Media Gallery in one or more Canvas courses:
- Click Published. Kaltura will show a list of courses you are enrolled in.
- Check the desired classes and click Save.