Canvas Transition: Request a Copy of Your Moodle Course
To keep your original Moodle course site in tact, request a copy to use for the transition to Canvas.
Requesting a copy of an existing course
- Log into Moodle.
- Go to Course Site Request Form.
- Enter Course Site Details as follows:
- Course site title: Prepend COPY to the Course full name of the original Moodle site.
- Short title: Prepend COPY to the Course short name of the original Moodle site.
- Select the appropriate category for Institution/primary Moodle category.
- Select the appropriate category for College/secondary Moodle category.
- Select Instructor for Your role in the course site.
- Copy the URL from the original course site.
- Scroll down to the Existing course to copy section.
- Paste the URL in the URL field.
- Enter the text below in the Special Instructions field.
"This course is being copied for the Canvas transition."
- Click Submit.
The request may take some time to process. When complete, you will get an email containing a link to the newly copied course site.