Canvas Transition: Note Moodle Assignment and Quiz Settings
Some assignment and forum settings do not transfer to Canvas well or at all. It will be helpful to identify those things in advance so you are sure to make the needed changes in Canvas.
- Have a Grade Type of Scale. You will need to recreate the scale if it does not already exist in Canvas.
- Use TurnItIn. You will need to re-enable TurnItIn for those assignments in Canvas.
- Have group submissions enabled. You will have to recreate Groups in Canvas to handle group submissions.
Noting settings for assignments and quizzes
- Identify assignments and quizzes that use a Scale Grade Type. You will need to recreate the scale in Canvas if it does not already exist.
- Identify assignments that use TurnItIn. You will need to re-enable it for those assignments in Canvas.
- Identify assignments that have group submissions enabled. Groups will need to be created in the Canvas course site to handle group submissions for the course.
Finding Quiz and Assignment Settings
- Click on the name of the quiz or assignment in Moodle.
- Find the Administration block for that activity in the left-hand column:
- Click Edit settings.
- Click Expand all (top, right corner) to open up all of the settings.
- Scroll down and note
- Any Group Settings
- Any Turnitin plagiarism plugin settings
- Any Grade Type Scales used