Canvas: Export Final Grades for Upload to PeopleSoft
This article explains how to get grades into PeopleSoft by exporting a Canvas gradebook as a spreadsheet and uploading the spreadsheet to PeopleSoft. You can also get your course grades to PeopleSoft using the Send Grades to PeopleSoft application found in Course Navigation (on by default).
Preparing to submit your grades to PeopleSoft
Follow all steps in Prepare to Submit Final Grades before following the instructions in this article to send grades to PeopleSoft.
Exporting Final Grades for Upload
Now that you have completed the steps in Prepare to Submit Final Grades, you are ready to download your final grades using the Export Final Grades for Upload tool.
- Click on Export Final Grades for Upload button on left course navigation menu.
- Select the settings you need at the top of the page:
- Choose which sections' grades to export is important for course sites that have more than one section in them. Choose Yes to download all sections which will produce a CSV file for each section roster within a zipped file. You will need to unzip the file and upload each sections CSV one at a time into PeopleSoft.
- Include first and last name? is necessary only if you wish to double check the downloaded report. If you chose to download the CSV file with the first and last names, you will need to delete those two columns before uploading the file to PeopleSoft.
- Click Export Grades. The CSV file should download from the Gradebook to your computer (the CSV file is a file type that looks like a spreadsheet; this will be the file that you upload to PeopleSoft in the next set of instructions.)
- If you chose YES for downloading all sections, or you choose more than one section within a course site with multiple sections to download, you will get a zipped file. Unzip the file and note that you must upload each CSV file separately into PeopleSoft for each graded section.
- If the downloaded files do not show any grades, you likely did not set a grading scheme for your course. Follow the instructions in Setting a Grading Scheme and repeat the downloading process.
- If you chose YES for downloading the file to include students first and last name, you will need to delete these two columns in the file BEFORE uploading the file to PeopleSoft.
- For any other issues downloading the CSV file(s), contact Technology Help ([email protected]; 612-301-4357).
- Find the downloaded CSV file(s) from your desktop.
- Follow the instructions on How to upload grades to PeopleSoft from a spreadsheet.
If you have any problems uploading the CSV files into PeopleSoft, contact Academic Support Resources (ASR) [email protected] or call 612-625-2803.
- If you have issues or questions while in Canvas, please send a message to [email protected] or call Technology Help (612-301-4357).
- If the above instructions are not working for you, you can Send Grades to PeopleSoft directly from Canvas.
- If you have issues or questions while in Faculty Center/Grade Roster in PeopleSoft, contact the following help desks:
- For the Twin Cities campus, please contact the ASR Training team at [email protected] or call 612- 625-2803
- For the Duluth campus, please contact the UMD Office of the Registrar at [email protected] or 218.728.8887 for assistance
- For the Crookston campus, please contact UMC Office of the Registrar at [email protected] or 218.281.8548 for assistance
- For the Morris campus, please contact the UMM Office of the Registrar at [email protected] or 320.589.6030 for assistance