Bomgar Remote Support: Safari
Bomgar is a safe secure and private way to allow the support personnel to view and control your computer. Your technician will not be able to view any information you do not want them to see and you will be able to see what they are doing at all times. This guide will assist you in the steps required to start a Bomgar support session with Safari.
- Navigate your web browser to remote.umn.edu. You may follow the link provided, or you can type the web address into the web address bar. Make sure you are typing the link into the address bar, and not a search engine. This is an example:
- On the bottom of the page enter the session key provided by your technician. If you are not provided with a session key, you may click the name of your technician. If you cannot locate the name on the page, refresh the page by pressing the refresh button at the top of the screen or pressing Cmd + R with your keyboard.
- From there a file will download and a new tab will open with the dialogue box below. If you do not see the download, you can locate the downloads folder in the upper right-hand corner.
- After double clicking to run the file, you should see the following display appear.
- Your request for a screen sharing session will appear for your technician.
- After the remote support session is ended, the client will automatically be removed