Bomgar Remote Support: Firefox
Bomgar is a safe secure and private way to allow the support personnel to view and control your computer. Your technician will not be able to view any information you do not want them to see and you will be able to see what they are doing at all times. This guide will assist you in the steps required to start a Bomgar support session with Firefox.
- Navigate your web browser to remote.umn.edu. You may follow the link provided, or you can type the web address into the web address bar. Make sure you are typing the link into the address bar, and not a search engine. This is an example:
- On the bottom of the page enter the session key provided by your technician. If you are not provided with a session key, you may click the name of your technician. If you cannot locate the name on the page, refresh the page by pressing the refresh button at the top of the screen or pressing Ctrl + R for Windows (Cmd + R for Mac) on your keyboard.
- Once you enter the session key or click the name, a file will download. If Firefox automatically runs the file and you can proceed to Step 6. In some cases, Java may block the Bomgar client from downloading. You will get the following error message in those cases, and you should click the box that says Allow. Continue to Step 4.
If you do not get this error message but it does not automatically run, proceed to Step 5.
- Once you click allow, a second dialogue box may pop up. You want to use the drop-down boxes to allow the plugin to allow, and click OK. You can then proceed to step 6.
- In some cases the file will download, but will not automatically run. You can find the download located in your downloads bar, located in the top right-hand corner of your screen.
- You should see the following display appear:
- Your request for a screen sharing session will appear for your support personnel to accept, and they will be able to take care of the rest.
- After the remote support session is ended, the client will automatically be removed